We Care About Your Privacy
Web Server Activity Logs
Like most web servers on the Internet, our servers collect and store all of the information that your web browser sends when it requests a web page, including:
- The name, domain, and numerical internet address of the "host" computer (typically a computer belonging to your Internet Service Provider and not your personal computer) from which you access the Internet.
- The date and time you accessed our site.
- The Internet address of the web page that you came from.
- The page you requested from our site and the number of characters sent to your computer.
- The information your web browser software sends as its so-called "User Agent," which typically identifies the browser software and may also indicate the operating system and type of CPU used in your personal computer.
It is impossible to determine the actual identity of an individual user from this information. The logs are periodically summarized and analyzed in order to study site usage over time and to perform other studies to help us improve the site's organization, performance, and usefulness.
When you send us personal identifying information via e-mail (that is, in a message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a form that e-mails us this information), we use it to respond to your requests. We may forward your e-mail to other Bergmann's employees or contract personnel who are better able to answer your questions. We do not retain or distribute lists of e-mail addresses to any parties outside of Bergmann's. In no event, do we distribute lists of e-mail addresses to other entities.
Collection and Release of Gathered Information
We want to make it clear that we will not obtain personal identifying information about you when you visit our web site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Except in the course of officially authorized law enforcement investigations, or in the event of a suspected attempt to deliberately circumvent our system's security with the intent to gain unauthorized access or to do physical damage (for example, an attack by hackers), we do not attempt to identify individual users or share any information we receive with any parties outside of Bergmann's. If you believe you have sent personal or other sensitive information to Bergmann's via electronic mail or by means of this web site and have a specific request regarding the handling of this information, please notify us by email.
While Bergmann's does not attempt to store personal information nor do we attempt to contact people for marketing purposes, you may explicitly contact Bergmann's to opt-out of receiving future e-mails by sending us an email with "opt-out" in the subject line.
Security and Corrections
If you have a security request or would like to correct information you believe we may have from you, please send us an email.